Have you ever dreamed of making yourself the perfect pair of jeans? If so, we’ve got two words for you: Janet. Jeans.
The youth sizes range from 3m – 14 and the adult sizes are for the full, newer size chart, extending from XXS – Plus 5X for the Adult Hourglass Figure.
- *Want to learn more about how to measure yourself for these pattern? We’ve got you covered with an in-depth blog HERE. And for even more helpful fun, we have a free* printable that you can use to help record your measurements as you take them.
- And in case you’re new to Patterns for Pirates and PDF patterns in general, we have a great blog full of new-user tips HERE to help you get started!
- As with all of our current releases and updates, the pdfs now include our layers feature and can be found in Letter, A4, A0 and projector sizes.
- We’ve also got an excellent planning tool for you with our Coloring Pages. It’s a resource that is updated with every new pattern addition, this pattern included!
The Janet Jeans are both on trend and a classic vintage vibe all in one. A nod to Janet from Three’s Company and general 70’s aesthetic, the Janet Jeans have a snug fit from natural waist through booty then start flaring out down to the ankle giving an overall A-line silhouette. Waistband is meant to hit at natural waist, just covering up belly button. You can choose from a cuffed shorts length, capri, cropped or pant length. The back darts help make fitting from full hip to waist a little easier. The slight stretch in fabric not only makes them more comfortable, but also gives a bit more room for fitting and fluctuating sizes as well…so you can wear your memade jeans throughout the month as your body might go up and down the measuring tape a bit. The waistband is a contoured fit to make sure you don’t have gapping at the back waist, but not so snug that you’re being squeezed.
The Janet Jeans can be sewn up in most stretch wovens. You will only be limited by what you like the feel of and if it is thick enough to be comfortable with it covering your booty. With all the pocket choices you won’t have to leave behind any keys, phone, wallet, snacks, or other treasures you’d like to take with you.
Pattern options for the Janet Jeans include:
- Lengths: Shorts / Capri Length / Cropped Length / Pant Length
- Belt Loops
- Optional Pockets: Front Slat Pockets -Optional Coin Pocket / Back Pockets / Front Small Patch Pockets / Front Patch Pockets
- All Options include a Zip Fly, Back Darts, Contoured Waistband
The Janet Jeans pattern is drafted for stretch woven fabrics with at least 10% stretch.
Specific Fabric Suggestions: Stretch Denim, Stretch Twill, Stretch Linen, Stretch Corduroy, Stretch Suiting, etc
We’ve loaded in ::several:: videos, walking you through various steps of the Janet Jeans patterns! In case you needed a little hand holding with some of the construction, we’ve already got you covered! The links are all available in the pattern tutorials, or you can find them on our YouTube channel.
Let’s take a quick peek at all of the pattern options:
LENGTHS: SHORTS / CAPRI / CROPPED (Adult) / PANT
POCKETS: FRONT SLAT / FRONT SMALL PATCH / FRONT PATCH POCKETS / BACK POCKETS
So grab your stretch corduroy, stretch denim, stretch twill, stretch suiting and show off your new Janet Jeans!
So We are so excited to see what you sew up for yourself using the Janet Jeans patterns! It is available on sale (no code needed) through 11:59pm CST, February 18, 2024.
As always, we’ve got more photos for you to use as inspiration! Head over to the Facebook group to browse our albums full of gorgeous photos, compliments of our tester team!
But wait, there’s more! We have an Easy Hacks blog post for the Janet Jeans pattern — helping you take that pattern a little further!