We have an easy mash-up for you today. We turned the Vixen Bralette into a dress by adding on the empire skirt of the Boundless Knit Dress. This mash-up uses the knit short band and can be done with either the crossover or the straight back options of the Vixen.
To prepare the bralette, follow the tutorial all the way through to just before attaching the knit band.
- Quarter and mark the bralette and both of the knit bands. Take note of the tips in the tutorial on how to find the quarter marks on the crossover back option.
- Take one knit band and pin to the bralette RST.
- Take the second knit band and pin the right side of the knit band to the wrong side of the bralette, making a sandwich.
- Sew using a 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Flip the bands down and mark the quarters of the bottom of the band. Set aside.
To prepare the skirt, reference the Boundless Knit Dress tutorial. Using your underbust measurement to determine which size, cut out your skirt based on the Empire skirt cut chart on page 5. I used the dress skirt length, but any of the length skirts will work for this mash-up. I also cut out the pocket pattern pieces, because pockets are life 😀 Follow the Boundless knit tutorial starting on page 18 with attaching the pockets to the skirt. If you are skipping pockets, then start on page 20 of the tutorial. The Boundless dress tutorial will guide you through finishing up your skirt and how to attach it to your bodice.