We are excited to share that we’ve got another pattern coming at you! The Charleston Crossover is the latest pattern from designer Katy McKinley to hit our site and we just know you’re going to love it!
The Charleston Crossover is drafted for our adult sizes in the full, newer size chart, extending from XXS – Plus 5X for the Adult Hourglass Figure.
- *Want to learn more about how to measure yourself for these pattern? We’ve got you covered with an in-depth blog HERE. And for even more helpful fun, we have a free* printable that you can use to help record your measurements as you take them.
- And in case you’re new to Patterns for Pirates and PDF patterns in general, we have a great blog full of new-user tips HERE to help you get started!
- As with all of our current releases and updates, the pdfs now include our layers feature and can be found in Letter, A4, A0 and projector sizes.
- We’ve also got an excellent planning tool for you with our Coloring Pages. It’s a resource that is updated with every new pattern addition, this pattern included!
The Charleston Crossover is a faux-wrap dress and peplum. The crossover bodice is finished with a knit binding and is form-fitting throughout the sleeves, bust and waist. It meets at the wearer’s natural waistline and flares out with a half circle skirt, for an oversized fit at the hips. The pattern features multiple skirt lengths, with the option for colorblocking or keeping it all one fabric. There are also four sleeve options to choose from, allowing you to make something suitable for any season!
You can dress the Charleston Crossover pattern up or down, depending on the fabrics you choose! It is drafted for light-to-medium weight knit fabrics with at least 40-50% horizontal stretch. Some vertical stretch for the bodice fabric is recommended, for more comfort in wearing and the ability for added coverage in the bust.
Specific Fabric Suggestions: Cotton Spandex, Double Brushed Polyester, Ribbed Knits, Medium Sweater Knits, Stretch Velvet, Athletic Knits, etc.
Pattern options for the Charleston Crossover include:
- Multiple sleeve lengths (Tank / Short / Three-Quarter / Long)
- Plain skirt lengths (Peplum / Mini / Knee / Maxi)
- Colorblocked skirt lengths (Knee / Maxi)
- Optional In-Seam Pockets
Let’s take a peek at the different options!
SLEEVE LENGTHS (TANK / SHORT / THREE-QUARTER / LONG)
PLAIN SKIRT (PEPLUM / MINI / KNEE / MAXI)
COLORBLOCK SKIRT (KNEE / MAXI)
We are thrilled to see what you sew for yourself using the Charleston Crossover pattern! It is available on sale (no code needed) through 11:59pm CST, May 24, 2023.
As always, we’ve got more photos for you to use as inspiration! Head over to the Facebook group to browse our albums full of gorgeous photos, compliments of our tester team!
But wait, there’s more! We have an Easy Hacks blog post for our Charleston Crossover — helping you take the pattern a little further!
We can’t wait to see what you make!