I’m so excited to announce that we’ve hit another milestone in our P4P Facebook Group of 120,000 members! I’ve always been blown away with how the group keeps growing!
My favorite part of my job is seeing beginners grow with the group’s help! Seeing questions being answered, encouragement being given and then the proud first make being posted is the absolute best! Sewing has always been a huge part of my life… but there was a time when I wouldn’t have said I was a sewist! Even though my mom sewed my whole life and taught me growing up, I didn’t consider it my own hobby or love until I was older. I fell in love with sewing when I was in college and even more so when I was pregnant with my Little Guy. Here are some little onsies I made for him out of my t-shirts!
All these years later and I STILL LOVE THOSE! My second Baby Boy wore them just this past year <3 Thinking back to those really proud moments of “firsts” always gets me smiling and feeling the love of sewing again. I wanted this giveaway to be all about that. So, we will have some shares about how we fell in love with sewing, what tools help us stay in love with sewing, a runner up prize and a grand prize that will hopefully help others fall even more in love with sewing, and as always we do a big site wide sale to help get the patterns you’ve been wanting into your sewing space being used and loved!
The GRAND PRIZE for the giveaway was inspired by things in my own sewing room that make me really love sewing more and more. Now, the serger is the model I’m hoping to get! I’ve heard great things about it and can’t wait to hopefully call one mine soon! The others are things that I do have and love!
(Note- I’m using affiliate links here if you happen to purchase any from these links.)
There is the JUKI SERGER/OVERLOCKER , which I’m lusting over currently. It’s a bit of an upgrade from the most affordable model sergers and every sewist I know that has this model loves it and recommends it!
The BROTHER COVERSTITCH is something I waited for many years to purchase because I knew it was a luxury and not a necessity…but I do love having it! It’s so nice for hemming knits and making it much easier and stretching finished hem.
The FABRIC BUNDLE is something every sewist would love. We have some great sponsors that are donating both fabric bundles and gift cards so you can really stock your stash!! I will be highlighting each sponsor and showing off their bundle in the next few days so keep an eye out for that blog post!
The 20 P4P PATTERNS OF CHOICE is my way of making sure you have every pattern you want from the shop! Having a pattern for just what you’re wanting to sew up makes sewing so much faster and more enjoyable then hoping and guessing on things!
The ADMIN LOVE BUNDLE is amazing! I asked all my FB Group Admins/Moderators what helps them love sewing in their sewing space. And these are the answers I received! It was fun to see what everyone values and uses a lot in their own space… and also tempted a lot of us to purchase each others 😉 lol! I will have several blog post highlighting our admins, their picks and how they fell in love with sewing coming the next few days, so stay tuned!
The SILHOUETTE BUNDLE cutting machine is so fun for anyone crafty! I use it all the time to add some HTV (heat transfer vinyl) to items I made. It’s such a quick way to add something personal and unique to your makes.
The HEAT PRESS is also for adding the HTV. I used an iron for a while, but I just wasn’t really strong enough to add the even pressure needed to get a really good attachment. This heats up quickly, is super easy to use and makes the HTV added last and look much better then I could get with my iron. I love having it! Here is an example of HTV I added to personalize some Sporty Pikos for myself and Baby Girl!
****Note**** With a prize this large, P4P will need a W9 filled out by winner prior to prizes being sent. Winner must claim prize on taxes per US law.
International winner will have to remit up to a 30% tax withholding of prize winnings and subject to US tax/treaty agreements.
We will also have one RUNNER UP WINNER! They will win 10 P4P patterns of choice, 20+ yards of fabric, $25 gift card for fabric, and the cutest sewing machine necklace ever!
SO, ARE YOU READY TO ENTER?! Here is how you can enter to win:
A few more details:
- The item sewn up and shared must be a P4P pattern that creates a piece of clothing (shirt, pants jacket, etc. This means no accessories like hats, scarfs,etc.) You can use a free pattern as long as it is clothing like the Tulip Tee or Peg Legs.
- You need to sew it up as is, with only fit changes (so no hacks or modifications). Adding embellishments is great, just no major changes, pattern mashes, etc.
- Share your pictures on one or all of the social media networks for more chances to win with hashtag #P4PLoveSewing — it must be EXACT to come up in our search for the winner!
- Let us know what P4P pattern you sewed up and what you’re most looking forward to winning or tell us a bit about how you fell in love with sewing, what you love most about sewing, etc!
- You can share as many sews as you can for more chances to win–but ALL items/images shared must be sewn AFTER the giveaway starts 11/8/2019! Any older sews will be disqualified from winning either prizes. Last entries accepted will be 11/18/2019 at 11:59PM US Central Time.
- Winner will be random lottery winner! So everyone has a chance from a beginner who might be sewing their first P4P to a seasoned apparel sewist!
Since you might need to grab a new pattern to get motivated we have a SITE WIDE SALE through the end of the giveaway!
- This will be the last site wide sale this year so grab them up while you can!!
- Sale ends at the same time as giveaway entries: 11/18/2019 11:59PM at Midnight US Central Time.
- There is a coupon code: Fall120k but it will automatically pop up at checkout and you just need to click to apply the discount!
I can’t wait to see everyone’s entries! I’m so excited to share the love of sewing!!!
Does the contest mean no undies/bras will count?
fierce bra and undies are clothing! 🙂 they are just fine for entries.
Sarah Greenlee says
Does the contour waistband on the pegs count as a modification?
The contour waistband is part of that pattern 🙂 SO of course not- you can choose any included option within a pattern.
Brianna byman says
Nikki Strong says
Holy Smokes! What an awesome prize!!!