It is our pleasure to be sharing with you our newest pattern duo: Francis Flounce + Francis Flounce – Youth! These patterns, as you probably guessed it, have the sweetest flounce floating above a double v-neck tank and are an incredible addition to your summer wardrobe.
Let us tell you all about it!
The Francis Flounce patterns are drafted for our youth size chart (3m – 14) and our adult sizes are in the full, newer size chart, extending from XXS – Plus 5X for the Adult Hourglass Figure.
- *Want to learn more about how to measure yourself for these pattern? We’ve got you covered with an in-depth blog HERE. And for even more helpful fun, we have a free* printable that you can use to help record your measurements as you take them.
- And in case you’re new to Patterns for Pirates and PDF patterns in general, we have a great blog full of new-user tips HERE to help you get started!
- As with all of our current releases and updates, the pdfs now include our layers feature and can be found in Letter, A4, A0 and projector sizes.
- We’ve also got an excellent planning tool for you with our Coloring Pages. It’s a resource that is updated with every new pattern addition, this pattern included!
The Francis Flounce is a tank top featuring a v-neck on both the front and back necklines. It includes a fun flounce in three different lengths and a stunning a-line silhouette. The pattern is fitted at the bust, semi-fitted at the waist and swings out at the hips, with four different hem lengths ranging from a crop top to a maxi dress. The flounce adds extra flair to an everyday tank top and is the perfect pattern to take you from a casual summer look to something a little more dressed up.
- Four Hem Lengths: Crop, Top, Dress + Maxi
- Three Flounce Lengths: Small, Medium + Large
- Optional Plain Neckline (no flounce)
- Front + Back V-Neck
- Binding finishes on arm + neckline openings
The Francis Flounce Pattern is drafted for light-to-medium weight knit fabrics with at least 40% horizontal stretch. Fabrics that have good recovery and drape nicely will work best for this pattern. Especially with the dress and maxi lengths, avoid fabrics with poor recovery and that grow over time. Thinner fabrics will have better bounce and drape for use with the flounces, avoid using fabrics that are on the thicker side.
For binding, use a knit fabric with 50% stretch and good recovery.
Specific Fabric Suggestions: Rayon Spandex, Brushed / Double Brushed Polyester, ITY, DTY, Lighter-Weight Cotton Lycra, Bamboo Lycra, Yummy Ribbed Knit, Modal, etc.
Let’s take a peek at the options available in these new patterns!
FLOUNCE OPTIONS: SMALL / MEDIUM / LARGE + NO FLOUNCE
HEM LENGTHS: CROP / TOP / DRESS / MAXI
We are incredibly excited to see what you make with the Francis Flounce patterns! They are available and on sale (no code needed) through 11:59pm CST, Monday, July 24, 2023.
As always, we’ve got more photos for you to use as inspiration! Head over to the Facebook group to browse our albums full of gorgeous photos, compliments of our tester team!
We can’t wait to see what you create for yourself! Flounce away, friends!