Who doesn’t love to put something special on that makes you feel sultry and glamorous?!?! Whether you need more everyday dresses in your closet or you have an event coming up, the Red Carpet Dress will make you feel like a movie star!
This adult size pattern is for the full, newer size chart, extending from XXS – Plus 5X for the Adult Hourglass Figure.
- *Want to learn more about how to measure yourself for these pattern? We’ve got you covered with an in-depth blog HERE. And for even more helpful fun, we have a free* printable that you can use to help record your measurements as you take them.
- And in case you’re new to Patterns for Pirates and PDF patterns in general, we have a great blog full of new-user tips HERE to help you get started!
- As with all of our current releases and updates, the pdfs now include our layers feature and can be found in Letter, A4, A0 and projector sizes.
Get ready to be feeling yourself in your new Red Carpet Dresses!
The Red Carpet Dress is a fitted silhouette throughout the bust, waist, and hip. The mini, knee and midi length options are almost a true bodycon fit, but to allow walking room if you’re choosing not to add a slit, the pattern is slightly looser from the thigh, down. The floor length options feature a stunning flared silhouette with a slight mermaid from thigh to floor.
There is an optional slit that can take you from adorable (with the tiny slit on the mini length) to dramatic (the leg-revealing options with the floor length skirts). Beware that choosing any of the slitted versions means you won’t be able to keep yourself from constantly striking poses!
With the sleeve options available in the Red Carpet Dress, you can wear a dress from this pattern all year round! Choose from thin straps (the only option if you’ve decided on the cowl necklines), short sleeve, or long sleeve.
Both sleeve options are gathered and add a little balance to the tight fit of the dress.
- The short sleeve has a gathered ruffle hem, which gives it a little sweetness to the otherwise sexy look.
- The long bishop sleeve gathers into a long cuff and gives a gorgeous and dramatic detail.
The square neckline gives a beautiful open neckline to show off those collarbones (and with thin straps bare those shoulders too). The cowl necklines are a timeless and elegant look, with a draped neckline that doesn’t go too deep, so you can wear this stunning dress to any event.
Worried about bust support? Aren’t we all!
The Red Carpet Dress has a few options to add support.
- There is a built in shelf bra in which you can go fully braless with support from if you choose a supportive fabric and add in cups.
- You can also leave off the cups and use the shelf bra just as added support for your strapless bras.
- The sleeved versions have a wide square neckline, so some “normal” everyday bras won’t show under.
Otherwise, a balconette or strapless bra with wider set straps would work lovely as well. The low back option can even be worn with a low back strapless bra, or a backless bra with sticky wings (as the back comes out from the side seam for some coverage there).
The Red Carpet Dress is also fully lined, which gives this event dress such a luxurious feel! All of the seams are hidden, providing for a gorgeous dress not only on the outside, but on the inside as well. This does bump up this pattern to an intermediate level sew with the tutorial assuming you know some basics. If you haven’t sewn a lot of garments yet, pick up some beginner level patterns before diving into this one.
The cowl neckline options call for a fabric with a soft drape, which typically means that you’ll be working with a thinner fabric in order to get the intended look and perfect cowl drape. The additional layer of the lining in the Red Carpet Dress provides for coverage, between you and the world, even when using those thinner, slinkier fabrics.
Go ahead and make a casual knee length dress with statement sleeves for an everyday look. Or be bold while wearing a floor length gown with a small train and thigh-high slit and knot ’em dead at your next formal event. Whatever you do, make the dress you want and wear it to make yourself shine like the star you are!!
Pattern options for the Red Carpet Dress included:
- plain front neckline
- plain back neckline
- cowl front neckline
- cowl low back neckline
- thin straps
- short sleeves (plain necklines only)
- long bishop sleeves (plain necklines only)
- floor with small train
Optional features —
- front thigh slit
- shelf bra
Okay….let’s check out some of the different features, modeled by our incredible testers:
Plain Front Neckline| Plain Neckline with Sleeves | Cowl Neckline
Plain Back Neckline| Plain Neckline with Sleeves | Cowl Neckline
Thin Straps | Short Sleeve | Bishop Sleeve
Mini | Knee, Above Knee Dress | Midi, Below Knee | Floor Length | Floor Length with Train
Plain Skirt| Slit
You can find these exact fabrics I used here at Anchor Fabrics : | Stretch Velvet | Glitter Stretch Velvet | Matter ITY |
They will be on sale 10% off along with our release sale of this new pattern! So grab them this week!
We are so excited to see what you sew up with the new Red Carpet Dress pattern and hope to see you posting that you’re feeling amazing in it! Head on over to the shop, grab yourself a copy, and get to sewing! They are available on sale (no code needed) through 11:59pm CST, December 3rd, 2022.
Hoping for a little inspiration before diving into some Gather ‘Round sewing? Journey over to our Facebook group where you can see tester albums full of amazing images!
Red Carpet Dress FB Group Album
Leave a Reply