Spring is full of new beginnings and the world coming back to life around us with flowers blooming + trees budding. And we often find ourselves making plans for parties, travel, weddings, graduations…the works. We thought we’d add one more little bit of fun + excitement to your spring by launching our 2023 Spring sitewide sale! (We only ever have 2-3 sales a year, so take advantage of our discounts while you can!)
But that’s not all! We’ve got a big announcement AND also have a giveaway happening alongside the sale. SO MUCH GOODNESS. Let’s talk details!
First, let’s start with talking about the sale itself.
- You can take THIRTY PERCENT (30%) off of every single pattern and bundles of patterns on our site!
- The code will automatically pop up for you to add to your cart, but just in case use: SPRING2023
- The Spring Sale runs from April 3, 2023 thru April 12, 2023 @11:59pm CST.
- Fabric for Pirates Subscriptions + Extras are excluded from the discount pricing.
We’ve got big news, y’all. HUGE. We spent an intense amount of time going through every. single. pattern. in our catalog and they’ve all been updated to include all of the current file types that we offer!
Every pattern now has Letter, A4, A0 and Projector file types with active layers!!! ::cue happy dancing::
Even the earliest patterns in our collections have received these updates. All you’ll need to do is log into your account and head to “Downloads” and any pattern you’ve previously purchased from us will automatically have these files updated and available for you to download.
**When we say “every”, there are a few patterns that don’t include A0 file types. They are typically the pattern pieces that are so small that we considered it a waste of money, paper and resources to print them on such a large piece of paper.
Let’s do a quick refresher of the different files + formats we offer, in case you needed it:
- Letter – Formatted for printing on letter size paper (8.5″ by 11″). Located in the US? This is your paper size!
- A4 – Formatted for printing on A4 size paper (8.25″ by 11.75″). Located outside of the US? This is most likely the paper size you use!
- A0 – Formatted for wide-format printers using 36″ wide paper. We have a blog post showing how to print this size paper, if you’d like to give it a read.
- Projector – A newer style of paperless/printless way of cutting the fabric pieces requires a special set up. Read this post to learn about the basics of using a projector for sewing.
Please keep in mind that, while even our Freebies received these updates, our free patterns will continue to have a 3o-day expiration policy on the file downloads. This policy was enacted in January 2021 and is explained in this post: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT :: CHANGES TO FREEBIES! (tl/dr version…our free patterns expire after 30 days. If you haven’t saved them to a local device and it’s past the 30 days, you’ll simply have to go through the checkout process with the ::still free:: pattern to get access to the downloads again.)
And now onto more of the fun stuff we’ve got going on during the Spring Sale: a Contest + Giveaway! Wooooo!
HOW TO ENTER:
- Between 04/03/23 and 04/12/23, sew a garment using a Patterns for Pirates pattern + share the finished item with us!
- Use the tag #P4PSPRINGSALE on Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, or in the Patterns for Pirates Facebook group.
We have three amazing prize packages for the giveaway. Winners will be selected at random and as always, we encourage sewists of all skill levels to enter their finished items and join in on the fun!
GIVEAWAY PRIZE #1: We wanted to celebrate the addition of projector file types to our ::entire:: catalog by gifting one of our Pirate Community Members with the choice between a new Serger OR a new Projector! Here are the links to the items the winner will be able to choose between: 1080P HD, Wifi + Bluetooth Projector or Brother 1034D Serger (affiliate links)
GIVEAWAY PRIZE #2: One lucky winner will be receiving a $100 gift card from our fabric shop: Anchor Fabrics! We grand opened the shop during the Fall 2022 season and it’s been a joyride to be able to also supply fabric to our sewing community! At Anchor Fabrics, it’s our mission to deliver high quality fabrics at prices that won’t leave you shipwrecked.
GIVEAWAY PRIZE #3: Our admin Katy just opened up a new shop called Maker Swag, where she’s creating items and curating a space specifically geared toward makers like you! To join in on the spring sale excitement, she’s hooking up a lucky duck with a $50 store credit to load up on some new sewist swag!
We will also be picking random winners throughout the sale to surprise with some freebies! We’ve got plans for gifting fabric + sewist swag from past months of our Fabric for Pirates shipments, some Patterns for Pirates pattern freebies and other little prizes to share with our Pirate Community!
Of course there are some rules to go over. Not fun, we know. But we need to talk about this part. Here goes….
- The item must be created from a Patterns for Pirates pattern, without any major changes to the pattern.
- The item must be a garment (ie: shirt, pants, jacket, swimwear, etc.)
- Accessories will not be counted as an entry. We love your scarves, bags + hats but they don’t count for this giveaway.
- You can use a free pattern as long as it is garment / clothing item like the Tulip Tee or Peg Legs.
- Typical fitting adjustments are expected.
- Decorating / embellishing is totally fine!
- The individual garment may be shared across multiple platforms for additional entries, but may not be shared on the same platform more than once.
- Make sure your Instagram + TikTok accounts are set to “public” so we can see and count your entry!
- Use the tag #P4PSPRINGSALE and make sure it’s spelled correctly when you do.
- In your caption, be sure to include the pattern you used, so people following along with the contest + sale can be inspired by you!
- Giveaway available to US and non-US residents.
- In the event shipping isn’t available to your location, we will work with the selected winner to work something out with them. Not to worry!
- There are no entry limits per person!
- Sew + share as many garments as you’d like!
- All items / images shared must be sewn after the giveaway began on April 03, 2023.
- Submitting older sews + images will disqualify you from winning any of the prizes.
- Entries are accepted thru 11:59pm CST: April 12, 2023.
- Winners will be announced 04/14/2023.
- Giveaway winners are selected randomly.
- Everyone has an equal chance of winning, no matter their sewing (or photography) skill level.
Now go grab some patterns and get to sewing! We are OUT OF CONTROL EXCITED to see what you make and share with us this spring!
**Updated April 14, 2023:
First, we want to thank everyone who participated in the Spring Giveaway! It was so fun seeing everyone’s makes and reading all about your sewing experiences + advice on the posts. What an absolute thrill it is to be part of this community with you!
Drumroll please….here are the randomly selected winners for the Spring Sale + Giveaway 2023:
- Giveaway Prize #1 (Serger or Projector): Charisma Jayne She-herHers
- Giveaway Prize #2 ($100 Anchor Fabrics Gift Card): Hayley Sykes
- Giveaway Prize #3 ($50 Maker Swag Store Credit): Stephanie M Hartung
- April 3 Daily Giveaway ($10 Patterns for Pirates Gift Card): Taylor Peters
- April 4 Daily Giveaway (F4P Swag Bag): Janice Shaul
- April 5 Daily Giveaway (April Fabric for Pirates shipment): Lisa Gier Taylor
- April 6 Daily Giveaway (Sewist Keychain from Maker Swag): Echo Taverner
- April 7 Daily Giveaway (Guaranteed spot as a tester for the next pattern!): Nikki Ghezzi
- April 8 Daily Giveaway (2-yard cut of knit fabric from former F4P shipments): Amber Suryn
- April 9 Daily Giveaway (F4P Swag Bag): Renée Caratozzolo
- April 10 Daily Giveaway (Projecting Confidence online course): Livia Merialdo
- April 11 Daily Giveaway ($10 Patterns for Pirates Gift Card): Caroline Plowman
- April 12 Daily Giveaway ($10 Patterns for Pirates Gift Card): Stephanie Huddleston
If you see your name here, please email email@example.com so we can get you set up with your winnings! Congratulations y’all!
CR DePalma says
Luddite sewer here. No Facebook, Pinterest or anything … just email …. When i finished the spring dress, can i just send a photo via email ??
Penny Carter says