Thanks for jogging over to our blog — because we are super excited to tell you all about our new jogger patterns!!
The youth sizes range from 3m – 14 and the adult sizes are for the full, newer size chart, extending from XXS – Plus 5X for the Adult Hourglass Figure.
- *Want to learn more about how to measure yourself for these pattern? We’ve got you covered with an in-depth blog HERE. And for even more helpful fun, we have a free* printable that you can use to help record your measurements as you take them.
- And in case you’re new to Patterns for Pirates and PDF patterns in general, we have a great blog full of new-user tips HERE to help you get started!
- As with all of our current releases and updates, the pdfs now include our layers feature and can be found in Letter, A4, A0 and projector sizes.
- We’ve also got an excellent planning tool for you with our Coloring Pages. It’s a resource that is updated with every new pattern addition, this pattern included!
The Uptown Joggers is a super versatile jogger pattern. The looser fit is forgiving on fluctuating weight and opens up fabric options too. You can grab a lightweight denim, chambray, linen, twill for an elevated jogger ready to take you to the office, brunch, vacation or more. Need some more athletic wear in your drawers? No problem, grab a french terry, sweatshirt fabric, athletic, stretch woven athletic for a jogger to take you to the gym. Need some comfortable loungewear? This pattern has you covered there too. Grab your softest fabrics and sew up a hug in a pant with sweater knit, fleece backed fabrics, silky fabrics, jerseys with fun prints… whatever makes you smile when you’re lounging at home!
You’ll be able to wear Uptown Joggers year round with the length options and fabric options. The shorts option can be sewn up in a jersey and replace those soffee shorts that might be falling apart from high school…Just us? You can take them to the beach/pool/waterpark/etc. in a boardshort fabric too! They make great everyday shorts in a chambray, linen, twill that you can dress up or down easily while staying comfortable. During the cooler months you can opt for the pants length. Make it is a lightweight, breathable rayon twill and wear them even in the warmer months too. Or go for brushed sweatshirt to feel super cozy and warm. There are pockets galore and the side cargo pocket is both classic and super on trend at the same time!
Pattern options for the Uptown Joggers include:
- Rises: Mid Rise/ High Rise
- Lengths: Shorts / Knee Length (Youth Only) / Ankle Length Pant
- Pant Cuffs: Elastic Hem/ Knit Cuff
- Optional Pockets: Front Slat Pockets / Front Patch Pockets / Back Pockets / Side Cargo Pockets
- Optional Drawstring
The Uptown Joggers Pattern is drafted for light-to-medium weight woven fabrics or a stable knit.
Specific Fabric Suggestions: Rayon Twill, Boardshort fabric, Seersucker, Tencil Twill, Chambray, Linen Blends, Lightweight jean, Madras, Sweatshirt Fabrics (like this brushed French Terry), French Terry blends (like this Baby French Terry), Flannel and Cotton make great PJs as well.
Alright, let’s take a closer look at the options available in the Uptown Joggers patterns!
SLAT + PATCH FRONT POCKETS
CARGO POCKET OPTION
KNIT CUFFS + WOVEN-ELASTIC CUFF
MID RISE + HIGH RISE
BUT WAIT, there’s more! We also have an Easy Hacks Blog Post, showing you how to take these patterns one step further!
We are so excited to see what you sew up with the new Uptown Joggers patterns! Head on over to the shop, grab yourself a copy, and get to sewing! They are available on sale (no code needed) through 11:59pm CST, March 22, 2023.
Hoping for a little inspiration before diving into some Uptown Joggers sewing? Journey over to our Facebook group where you can see tester albums full of amazing images!